Happy Friday, Friends!
I hope and trust this post finds you all having a great day on this glorious Friday morning in my Sweet Home Alabama!
Every Monday morning, I listen to Life.Church online and the message from the previous day. Pastor Craig Groeschel is currently in a series titled “Asking for a Friend.” He then answers tough, real-life questions with Bible truth.
This past Sunday’s message was titled, “Asking for a Friend, Part 4: Is There a Question God Can’t Handle?” One question he answered was, “Why don’t you talk more about politics and current events?” I thought several things Pastor Craig said were profound, and I want to share a few notes I took. I tried to quote him as directly as possible. I would strongly encourage you to search the sermon by name and go listen to it. What I am referring to begins at the 19:15 mark and is less than 5 minutes long.
Again, Pastor Craig is answering the question, “Why don’t you talk more about politics and current events?” Here is what he said:
· He said that in accordance with 2 Timothy 4: 2 (2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.), my assignment is to preach the word.
· “My calling is to preach God’s word, not to respond to every headline.”
o “This does not mean I won’t address difficult issues.”
o He went on to say that he wants to “teach a Biblical foundation before the next headline.”
· “Silence isn’t always indifference; sometimes it is wisdom.”
o “Some issues I don’t know enough about to speak on responsibly.”
o “Sometimes I have spoken too early, before understanding all the facts, and I regretted it.”
o He then cited Proverbs 18:13 which says, “13 To answer before listening—
that is folly and shame.
· “I have the honor of speaking to people all over the world – different cultures, different experiences, and different political realities.”
o “What looks obvious in one context often looks very different in another context.”
o “I don’t want to give my opinion, but Biblical truth.”
o “A lot of people don’t want my perspective; you just want my confirmation.
· “I could lead a way that leans one way, but my goal is to reach all ways.”
· “There is a big difference between making a difference and making a point.”
o “You can make a point all day long.”
o “Sometimes, if my goal is to make a difference, I will say things in a way you don’t like so people who disagree will actually still be willing to hear.”
· He then references Galatians 1:10 (10 Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.) before emphatically stating that he is not trying to please people.
o He concluded this section with, “My goal is to point people to Jesus and let Him do in the lives of people whatever He wants to do to bring healing, wholeness, truth, and life.”
Again, I strongly encourage you to listen to Pastor Craig’s message. He shared so much wisdom.
Please feel free to contact me at any time if there is ever anything I can do for you or your family. I will always help you any way I can. You can reach me at kevin@whatwillyourinfluencebe.com.
Have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Please cherish your precious family, be kind, and stay well!
Kev
No comments:
Post a Comment