Happy Friday, Friends!
I hope and trust this post finds you all having a great day as a glorious new day begins to dawn in my Sweet Home Alabama! This day is going to be special; I can just feel it!
Only 2 more weeks until the college football season is here! Let’s go!!!
This week I simply want to share a few reminders. Nothing I will share will be new to you, nor do I think it will be overly thought-provoking. Appropriate and ironic; it is the little things, done with consistency, that lead to big things. And the most important word in the previous sentence was “done,” and the second most important word was “consistency.” Again, ironically, we like to focus on outcomes rather than the process that leads to them.
Reminder #1
I was reading something earlier this week that said a leader's first responsibility is to lead themselves. We know that. Here, however, is the question: what are you doing daily to lead yourself? What are the things you are listening to, reading, and watching? Who are the people you are allowing to speak into your life? And the really key question: is it producing the fruit that you want to produce? Bottom line: it is not mine or anyone else’s job to lead you to make sure that you become all that you are created to become. That responsibility, Friend, lies squarely on your shoulders. The same is true for each one of us.
Reminder #2
I was listening to a Jon Gordon podcast, and his guest was Chris Hodges, the founder of Church of the Highlands and current chancellor of Highlands College. During the interview, Chris said something like, “All of us are leaving a legacy, whether it is good or bad.” If you think about it, that is a true statement. Pick any person and think of them. What did you think? That is their legacy. So, and you knew this was coming, what legacy are you leaving? At home? At work? With your friends? At church? Some day when you are gone, what will you be remembered for? I remember Aeneas Williams' Pro Football Hall of Fame induction speech several years ago, and his key point was, “begin with the end in mind.” I encourage us today, Friends, to think about what we want that end to be and then consistently do (those two words again!) the things that will lead to the legacy we want to leave.
Reminder #3
I had a situation this week that reminded me of Trey Smith's quote: “If your presence doesn't make an impact, your absence won't make a difference.” We aren’t here to be consumers or observers; we are here to be difference makers! Our lives have value, meaning, and a purpose. Let’s live each and every day as though that statement is true – to the depths of my soul I believe it is!!!
Finally, I want to share the lyrics to the song The Long Way by Natalie Layne. For the last few weeks, every time I hear this song, it is like it is the prayer of my Spirit. Hits me hard in a profoundly positive way. I thought you all might enjoy it. I would also encourage you to Google it and listen to it.
I'm the kind of heart that likes to know right where I'm going
I would take the highway over dirt roads any day
I would rather speed things up than learn to trust the process
Tell me yes or tell me no, just don't tell me to wait
But You see more than I can see
You've got good plans for me
So I'm surrendering
Take me down the long way if that's where I'm meant to be
Take me down the back roads, God, You know what's best for me
You're with me every moment, even the ones I wouldn't choose
Take me down the long way if the long way leads to You
I have seen Your faithfulness in every mile so far
All that I have needed, You've provided from the start
Your voice is always gentle and Your love is evergreen
Leading me to a kindness that I never would have seen
So take me down the long way if that's where I'm meant to be
Take me down the back roads, God, You know what's best for me
You're with me every moment, even the ones I wouldn't choose
Take me down the long way if the long way leads to You
If the long way leads to You
You see more than I can see
You've got good plans for me
They're better than I dreamed
So I'm Yours and I believe
You'll take me down the long way if that's where I'm meant to be
You'll take me down the back roads, God, You know what's best for me
You're with me every moment, even the ones I wouldn't choose
Take me down the long way if the long way leads to You
Take me down the long way if the long way leads to You
If the long way leads to You
Please feel free to contact me if there is ever anything I can do for you or your family. I will always help you any way I can. You can reach me at kevin@whatwillyourinfluencebe.com
Have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Please cherish your precious family, be kind, and please stay well!
Kev
No comments:
Post a Comment