Friday, August 28, 2026

A Few Things to Ponder

Happy Friday, Friends!

I hope and trust this post finds you all having a great day as a glorious new day begins to dawn in my Sweet Home Alabama!

 

Let’s go!!! It is finally here!!! We have college football this weekend!!! Time to Raise the Roar!!!

 

This week I want to share a few things for you to think about. Two of them come from sermons at our church over the past couple of weeks, and the other comes from something I heard on Christian radio this week.

 

The first one I want to share is from 2 Corinthians 4:4. It says:

(New Living Translation)

“Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.”

 

Please read and think about that scripture. No, I am not talking about the “Satan, who is the God of this world” part, though that certainly could be a Happy Friday. It is the “blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see…” If we know they are unable, not unwilling, would we maybe think about them, talk to them, and treat them differently? I know for me, it makes me think very differently about it all. And right now, my Spirit reminds me that we are called to love all people, not just those who share our beliefs.

 

The second thing I want to offer this morning came from our sermon this past Sunday. Pastor Steve Huskey talked about “functional unbelievers,” whom he defined as those who talk about it but don’t do it. He went on to say that we are functional unbelievers until we put our full faith in God. Makes sense, right? He used the analogy of a suspension bridge. The difference between a talker and a doer: the talker will sit there and tell you all about the bridge. The doer will actually put their full weight on the bridge. Still make sense? Still feeling comfortable? So let me ask you a question I have asked myself several times in the past week: Are you putting your full weight on Jesus? Are you fully trusting Him with your life? Are you fully trusting Him with your marriage? Are you fully trusting Him with your kids? Are you fully trusting Him with your career? Ok, ok, I will stop. I am getting restless too! Something for us all to think about. And I must share the quote from Pastor Craig Groeschel, “the things we worry about the most are the hints we trust God with the least.”

 

Finally, I want to encourage us all to be a light. I was listening to the radio, and the speaker asked, "Have you ever been in a completely dark room?" He went on to say he once was; someone lit a match, and he was amazed by how much that little light lit up the whole room. He said the same is true of you and me as we move about this world. Yes, it can be dark, very dark. We, however, are called to be a light. And a reminder that a dear friend shared with me several years ago: light only shines in the darkness. Think about it…

 

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do for you or your family. I will always help you any way I can. You can reach me at kevin@whatwillyourinfluencebe.com.

 

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Please cherish your precious family, be kind, and stay well!

 

Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment