Happy Friday, Friends!
I hope and trust this post finds you all having a great day as a glorious new day begins to dawn in my Sweet Home Alabama!
Oh, what a day this will be!!! This will be an exceptional day that many will cherish in their hearts for a lifetime!
This morning's “Happy Friday” is a sweet message from my Beautiful Bride, Kathy. I hope you enjoy it and find significance in it.
I will never forget the moment my three-year-old looked up at a wedding picture of me.
He studied it for a moment, looking at the young woman in the white dress, surrounded by all the beauty. Then, with the sweetest innocence, he looked at me and said, “Mom, I didn’t know you were an angel.”
My heart melted.
To him, I wasn’t just his mom in that picture. I was an angel. Dressed in white, smiling, glowing in a way that only a child's eyes could see.
And isn’t that the beautiful thing about children? They see the world without all the filters we grow into. They don’t see the years that have passed, the changes that life brings, or the imperfections we sometimes see when we look in the mirror. They simply see beauty.
I smiled and held him close, but inside, my heart was overflowing.
Because one day- which is now- he isn’t three anymore. He doesn’t look at that picture with those innocent, big blue eyes and believes his mom was an angel. Just a woman who loved deeply, made mistakes, prayed often, laughed loudly, cried sometimes, and tried her best to be the mom he needed.
But through that little moment, through his eyes, I got to be something extraordinary.
An angel.
And maybe that is one of the greatest gifts a child can give a mother – not just seeing who she is but reminding her of who she always has been in their eyes.
I will never forget the way he said it. Touched my heart more than I can explain, and I carry these words with me always.
Three years old. So innocent.
And somehow, with just a few little words, he touched a place in my heart I didn’t even know needed touching.
Maybe that’s what our children do for us. They see things we are too busy, too tired, or too hard on ourselves to see. They don’t see all the ways we think we've fallen short. They simply see Mom.
But maybe our children aren’t looking for a perfect mom. They just need the mom who loves them unconditionally, shows up, and keeps trying.
I am perfectly imperfect – and I will be until the day I take my last breath.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do for you or your family. I will always help you any way I can. You can reach me at kevin@whatwillyourinfluencebe.com.
Have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Please cherish your precious family, be kind, and please stay well!
Kev
No comments:
Post a Comment