Friday, September 4, 2026

Run Your Race & Encourage Others

Happy Friday, Friends!

I hope and trust this post finds you all having a great day as a glorious new day begins to dawn in my Sweet Home Alabama!

 

This week’s Happy Friday is going to be short and sweet – one piece of encouragement and one friendly reminder.

 

The Encouragement

I simply want to encourage you, Friend, to run your race. Whatever the purpose is for your life, do that to the very best of your ability, and I pray you will do so in service of others. Your race is your race; run it boldly and confidently. Your race is your race; don’t wish you were someone else or that you had a different calling – honor your life, your calling. There is greatness within you, a purpose that is in desperate need of fulfilling, and it will only be accomplished by you running your race. Run, Friend, run!!!

 

Hebrews 12:1-3

12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

 

“God gave you your own race to run; stop comparing yourself to other people. They have their race and you have yours. Run hard and don’t quit.” – LeCrae

 

The Reminder

Everyone needs encouragement! This one is easy for me as I was placed on this earth to encourage, empower, and equip all others to fulfill their potential. Even if it doesn’t come easy or natural to you, I want to assure you, everyone needs it.

 

This past weekend I had the privilege of meeting one of the greats in his field of endeavor. What was on my heart, though, was not to talk to him about what he does professionally. No, my heart was to tell him we shared a faith and values. And how much I appreciated what he stood for as a man, husband, and father, as evidenced by the fact that he was where he was to support his son, though he has big things happening in his own professional life. As I stated to him when I started, “You don’t need me to validate you.” However, my spirit was convicting me to share what I shared, so I did. And how did this giant respond? As my wife and I were walking away, after already saying our goodbyes, he said, “Hey!” I turned and looked. He said, “Thank you for the encouragement.” I was dumbfounded. It never crossed my mind that he needed to hear the words that my spirit convicted me to share with him. Everyone needs encouragement!

 

1 Thessalonians 5:11

11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

 

“How do you know if someone needs encouragement? If they are breathing!” - S. Truett Cathy

 

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do for you or your family. I will always help you any way I can. You can reach me at kevin@whatwillyourinfluencebe.com.

 

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend! Please cherish your precious family, be kind, and please stay well!

 

Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment