Happy Friday, Friends!
I hope and trust this post finds you all having a great day as a glorious new day begins to dawn in my Sweet Home Alabama!
Last week was a big week for my institution and our town. There were big events on both Friday and Saturday night – truly historic in nature. As we approached these days that many thought would never happen, my spirit was really burdened – make sure you enjoy it all. That became my commitment, and the message I shared with everyone I could.
Here is the thing: whether we chose to live stressed or blessed, the events were going to happen on Friday and Saturday. Our attitudes wouldn't alter whether the events happened; however, they would determine how we experienced them and forever shape how they're remembered. As I said to a colleague in a text message last week, “You and all your beautiful women will have this memory for a lifetime. As a husband and dad, please make sure it is a great, treasured one.”
That is my encouragement and challenge for all of us this Friday: make sure the memories are great and cherished. Yes, there will be challenges; that’s o.k. With love, mercy, and grace, we can overcome them. However, harsh tones, bad attitudes, and boorish behavior can cause problems and leave scars that last a lifetime. Whether the event is historic or only important in the moment, that is a steep price to pay.
I am so grateful and happy to report that most, if not all, truly did enjoy the crazy, beautiful weekend we lived. I have so many fond memories that I will truly cherish for the rest of my life. And it all began with an intentional decision to enjoy it all. I wish the same for all of you in all the things that are important to you in your life.
There is a great song by Josh Wilson titled Dream Small. I would strongly encourage you to look it up and listen to it. One line pierces my heart every time:
“Just don't miss the minutes on your way to bigger things”
Please feel free to contact me anytime if there is anything I can do for you or your family. I will always help you any way I can. You can reach me at kevin@whatwillyourinfluencebe.com.
Have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Please cherish your precious family, please be kind, and please stay well!
Kev
No comments:
Post a Comment